UNSMOKE SMOKE WASH 3.78LTR
ODORx Smoke Wash™
PRIMARY USE: Removes odors from all water-washable materials.
SECONDARY USES: Laundry cleaning booster and deodorant
Smoke Wash is a cleaner and deodorant effective on all types of fiber materials, including upholstery, clothing, linens, blankets, draperies, and more. Use as laundry cleaning booster to deodorize soot and smoke odors in washable fabrics – simply add to each laundry load.
Improper cleaning of garments that have been exposed to odors, especially smoke odor, can cause the odor to permanently settle onto
the fibers. Smoke Wash is a highly concentrated smoke odor counteractant and detergent booster specially formulated to remove fire
related smoke residues and odors from machine-washable items. The product’s specialty surfactants and solvent system attack greasy,
oily soils that have coated the fibers. The product is fully water soluble. The essential oils help to counteract the odor.
Smoke Wash can be used by itself in the laundry cycle but may also be added to water-based wall and fabric cleaning solutions.
- ODORx Smoke Wash
- Optional products:HydraSolv, Double-O™ Protein Odor Counteractant.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as specified in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)
- Supplies: natural sponge or upholstery brush, adequate supply of clean cloths and a plastic bag for the storage of soiled cloths, measuring cup
- Equipment: Laundry equipment, wet vacuum or carpet extractor with an upholstery tool
PROCEDURE FOR LAUNDRY
For general fire related smoke odors add to wash cycle at the rate of 2 ounces (16 mL) per load*. Overuse may cause foaming.
* Note: the average load for a residential machine is 8 pounds (3.6 kg).
FOR BEST RESULTS IN REMOVING SMOKE ODOR AND STAINS:
- Soak overnight in a solution of 240ml HydraSolv and 30ml Smoke Wash per 19 L water.
- Pre-spot stains with a solution of 250ml/L HydraSolv.
- Add 240 mL of HydraSolv to the wash cycle.
- Launder normally.
The odor derived from burning protein (e.g. meat, fish, beans) is unusually objectionable and becomes more so as the residue is
exposed to heat and moisture. To improve removal of protein smoke from LAUNDERABLE garments:
1) Run a test load with Smoke Wash.
2) If odors persist, substitute Double-O™ Protein Odor Counteractant.
PROCEDURE FOR USE ON UPHOLSTERED FURNITURE
Smoke Wash can be used with a foam cleaning technique on upholstered furniture or as a textile preconditioner. This technique uses
only foam generated from agitating a solution of Smoke Wash. The foam loosens the soil on the fiber but does not saturate the fiber.
This method can prevent the soot from settling onto the fiber and permanently attaching to the fiber.
- To prepare a solution for this method, add 16ml/L of Smoke Wash to a bucket containing warm water.
- Agitate the solution with brush or natural sponge to generate foam.
- Wet vacuum to remove dry soil from upholstery.
- Work from one small section of the upholstered piece to another. Apply foam to a small area with a natural sponge or a soft brush.
- Remove excess foam with clean white terry cloth towels or by using a wet vacuum.
- Proceeding to the next area.
Any laundry equipment used in these operations can collect a lot of soot or debris in the wash tub. Be sure to wipe the tub with damp
cloths to avoid cross contaminating subsequent laundry loads.
- IMPORTANT: The odor of this product, like any other common material with a fragrance may be irritating to some persons with allergic sensitivity. It is recommended to allow occupants to “sniff test” the product prior to application. For “sniff testing” prepare the ready-to-use solution and dip a note card or business card into the solution. Allow occupant to “sniff” both wet and dried
- solution. Obtain permission from occupants prior to product application. Individuals may reoccupy treated spaces when they feel physically comfortable and/or upon advice of their consulting physician
- Keep children and pets away from chemical products, equipment and the work area.
- Read the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for any chemical product before using it.
- Be sure electrical equipment including plugs and extension cords are in good condition.
- Be sure to wipe any surfaces where there has been a spill of the product
- Wash hands after handling the product.
- Where to use: Garments that can be laundered in a standard domestic washing machine.
- Where NOT to use: Garments that would normally require dry cleaning or items that are too delicate to withstand the agitation of a laundry cycle.
SMOKE WASH TECHNICAL DATA
Sold as Case of four 1 gallon bottles (3.8 L)
Re-order number 342252000 case (4 x 1 gallon case)
Appearance Transparent liquid
Flash point 132° F (55° C)
Specific gravity 1.04
Density 8.6 pounds per gallon
pH (ready to use solution) 7.6
VOC content Less than 15% in concentrate
Phosphate content None
Non volatile matter 50%
Surfactant type Nonionic
Water solubility Complete